The Department of Mathematics does not endorse the companies or organizations linked below. We provide these links as a help to our students.
Department of Mathematics Job Resource powered by AfterCollege.
There are many job and advanced-degree opportunities for our math majors.
American Mathematical Society Career Information
Actuarial Career Information
Mathematics Association of America (MAA)
Please see the University's Office of Career Planning and Placement for information on jobs and resources.
NSA Employment Opprotunities For Undergraduates
The Mathematics Research Group at the National Security (NSA) offers two exceptional summer Programs for undergraduate and graduate mathematics students.
Both programs offer a unique opportunity for students to work directly with NSA mathematicians on mission-critical problems and experience the excitement of the NSA mathematics community.
Please click here: Undergraduate Director's Summer Program (DSP).
Some positions accepted by our graduates
- Graduate School (Princeton); Consultant (Federal Government)
- Graduate School (MIT, UC San Diego, Stanford, Clemson, U. of Maryland, Northwestern University, UVa)
- Summer Position (Institute for Defense Analyses)
- AMENTRA, Richmond
- Pricing Analyst (Freddie Mac, McLean, VA)
- Engineer (Performance Engineering Corp., E-OIR Measurements)
- Economist (Federal Trade Commission, Federal Reserve Bank)
- Programmer (Broadway and Seymour, Information Analysis, Sentient Systems)
- Consultant (Price Waterhouse, Accenture)
- Analyst (SNL Securities, Columbia Gas, Proctor and Gamble, Saks Fifth Avenue, Capital One, Electronic Data Systems)
- Actuary (Actuarial and Technical Solutions, Pension Benefit Guaranty, GEICO, Colonial Penn)
- Technical consultant (American Management Systems)
- Math teacher (American Overseas School of Rome, Gulliver Academy, Chesapeake Public Schools, Fairfax County Public Schools)
- Information analyst (Electronic Data Systems)
- Computer engineer (Microsoft)
- Insurance underwriter (State Farm Insurance Companies)
- Systems analyst (American Management Systems)
- Investment banker (Townsend Frew)
- Network engineer (Sprint Communications, Reliacom)
- Software tester (Teir)
- Actuary (Watson Wyatt Worldwide)
- Market analyst (GTECH Corporation)